Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,540   Posts: 1,544,314   Online: 940

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

old transparencies

I recently found some 35mm slides that I shot as a teen in the late 60's. They were never all that well cared for, but with a cleaning they might be salvageable. What is the best way to clean them up?
    "While you're out there smashing the state, don't forget to keep a smile on your lips and a song in your heart!"

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Just a thought. You might want to try just scanning them first. Reason being, if the colors have not faded badly, you might be able to get away with only doing some spotting and cloning in your image editor.

George

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Prazio sell some very nice film cleaner. They also have a couple choices in film wipes that work very well. The only downside is that they have a minimum order requirement. I suggest calling them on the phone, rather than going through their internet storefront.

Ciao!

Gordon Moat Photography

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    PEC-12 has worked well for me on some 30 YO B&W, the bottle says it's good for Color as well.
    It's made by Photographic Solutions inc 508-759-2322

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Second the PEC-12 recommendation. It won't take off water-based goop, but it cuts through grease pretty quickly.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thanks folks. Turns out Photgraphic Solutions distributes PC-12 via a shop in Winnipeg. I'll pick some up soon.
    "While you're out there smashing the state, don't forget to keep a smile on your lips and a song in your heart!"

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin