Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,909   Posts: 1,521,587   Online: 805

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Boy that was some screwy looking colors, never really got a neutral tone on anything. I did find out what I needed to know about the workflow, namely theres too much junk in the way.
    I'm looking online to order some fresh color paper and developer, and was wondering what the pros and cons are with Ektacolor RA or the RA Prime paper developer. How well do these work with a Jobo system one shot and how would you go about getting best results out of it?
    I'm going to get the Ultra Endura paper, the description on that sounds pretty good.
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Use RA-RT developer replenisher with no starter.

Use 1' at 100 F or 2' at 68 F. Works wonderfully but with a tiny blue-yellow shift. (about 10y)

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks PE! This is going to be fun.
    A sour note, the local Atlanta stores don't have any color paper or print developer in stock anymore. You'd think a town this size would have more of a market for something like this.
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by glbeas View Post
    Thanks PE! This is going to be fun.
    A sour note, the local Atlanta stores don't have any color paper or print developer in stock anymore. You'd think a town this size would have more of a market for something like this.
    And, Atlanta is the new Kodak east coast distribution site for analog products!

PE

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    The only regional photo stores that are going to have any stock of chemicals or paper are those photo stores in college towns, where the college still teaches an analog photo course schedule. The mini-lab chemical requirements are direct ship to the mini-labs.

Skeptical? Don't take my word for it. If you find a store with a stock of even minimal b/w chemistry and small packs of b/w paper, just ask them if there is a college in town and if that college teaches a darkroom course.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Showcase is just minutes away from Georgia Tech and a branch of the Savannah College of Art and Design and Emory University and a few other places. What happened? I think nobody wants to learn how to do real color prints when it's so easy to put a sheet into a digital printer and push a button.
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    PE do you have a starting filter recommendation for Ultra Endura with this setup? I have an older dichroic with halogen bulbs.
    Thanks for all the help, my supplies are in and I plan on playing in the darkroom over the weekend.
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Start with 50M and 50Y with 0 C. The exposure I start with is 12" at about f5.6 - 16 from a negative depending on light box in the enlarger, size of print and size of negative. Usually, 35mm is about the high end and 4x5 is the low end of exposure. Fiddle with f stop and filter pack from there.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks! I wish I could buy you dinner for your help here, it's priceless.
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    No payment needed. Thanks.

PE

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin