Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,560   Posts: 1,545,258   Online: 796

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm getting results I can live with finally. Takes a bit of learning to judge the filter changes. One thing I'm curious about is the rinse cycle. The final rinse is supposed to be a 1.5 minute rinse. Can this be replaced by several cycles of water in the tube or does it need to be taken out and rinsed in a tray for greatest efficiency and economy of water use?
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Gary;

I usually run from 20 - 40 prints per night when printing. I take them out of the drum in pairs or 4s depending on drum after a 1' wash with 4 changes of water. Then I place them in a still tray filled with water at about 80 deg F and let them sit while doing all prints for an evening.

At the end, I take them out of the large tray and wash them in groups of 2 - 4 in a tray of running water for about 2' at 85 deg F. This is about right.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks! Much better that running a full wash one print at a time.
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Okay, that worked well. Nother question. I've been using the presoak and optional stop bath with rinse to be sure of no streaking. This has worked well but I wonder if running straight from the developer to the blix stops the development as fast as the stop bath. I see a real saving in time doing that but how prone is it to make streaks or marks using a drum? The one I'm using now is smooth sided and I'm using 40ml a run.
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    In nearly 30 years of C-41 processing including tank, basked and drum and even using experimental bleaches, I have never ever seen streaks without a stop bath. OTOH, I do see them with paper and need a stop after the RA developer.

PE

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin