Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,900   Posts: 1,584,391   Online: 663

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images

Problem with C41 stab

Hello,

I use the Tetenal two bath kit for C41. But I have a little problem:I drop the film in the stabilisant, and let it for one minute. Then I shake it to avoid marks, and put it in my dryer (jobo mistral). When the film is dry, white marks of unhomogeneous drying can be seen.
    How to avoid it?

Thanks for your answer.
    Aurelien, Analog Photographer

the analog place to be

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Have you mixed the stabliser with deionised water or with just tap water?
    ~Heather
    oooh shiny!
    http://www.stargazy.org/

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I get this too if I don't dry the film carefully. I use a sponge slit in the middle and soaked in the stabalizer solution. This works well but you can grab the emulsion and damage it if you don't take extreme care. I use as little stabalizer as possible as I find the flo bit leaves more stain on the film than water alone.
    How do others dry their film?

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Akki14 View Post
    Have you mixed the stabliser with deionised water or with just tap water?
    I use deionised water, of course. But even like that, I have problems... And On high light it is seeable
    Aurelien, Analog Photographer

the analog place to be

Shooter
    35mm
    IT may be drying to fast. try drying without the fan or heat.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Unless you use very high heat and roller squeegees, (as in a mini lab processor) the excess stabilizer doesn't drain down the film evenly, the water evaporates and leaves a deposit of chemicals. I've used C-41 stabilizer as a wetting agent for B&W. I had best results with a slightly greater dilution and leaving the film to dry gently overnight. I've always encountered problems with quick drying and I now dry all films overnight without heat.
    "Why is there always a better way?"

Shooter
    35mm
    I apply a water bath after stabilizer and at the end put the film for 1-2 minutes to a 1:400 solution of the Tetenal Mirasol wetting agent and let it dry overnight in the darkroom where the temperature is about 18 deg.C. and humidity a bit higher than normal.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    It's a dilution problem. The amount of wetting agent could be too high in your stabilizer which can be made easily by a standard wetting agent and adding some formaline till about 1%.
    The use of formaline is not without any danger and health problem so take care of all precautions when going to that direction.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin