Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,848   Posts: 1,582,809   Online: 881

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hi!
    I also print Ilfochrome, and it is very nice process. Chemistry in Europe is available by post.
    I have here:

ILFORD Cibachrome-A 58 page manual
    (no date when printed in Switzerland)
    This manual I found very interesting for starting point. There is not a big diference in work since Ilford named this process ILFOCHROME.

There is also
    The complete guide to cibachrome printing book
    from Peter Krause and Henry A. Shull from 1980, ISBN 0-87165-057-6, which is one of most detailed about this technique.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by kraker View Post
    Only thing I need to get my hands on is a drum. I suppose these can be found secondhand for a decent price...
    Fotoimpex from Berlin, Germany still sells new Jobo CPP2 processor.
    Bosnia... You don't have to be crazy to live here, but it helps...
    No things in life should be left unfinis

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm going to start printing it soon - I dont think it is too late, but then I have a local outlet with the paper and chemistry on the shelf!

It is the only way to optically print from transparencies - so, even though the market is obviously small now, they do have a monopoly, and the world is a big place.

The Netherlands, close to the Belgian border
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by haris View Post
    Fotoimpex from Berlin, Germany still sells new Jobo CPP2 processor.
    Indeed. But that's a bit too much of an investment for me :o. I suppose it shouldn't be too big of a problem to develop in drums by hand...

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

roy
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Not too late if the look appeals to you. I would suggest buying decent quantities of paper if you do start. I tried it and although I did manage some nice prints, I had problems with the colour corrections for each batch of paper but, in all fairness, I rarely bought more than 10 sheets at a time and when I needed more, the filtration was different.
    Roy Groombridge.

Cogito, ergo sum.
    (Descartes)

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kraker View Post
    Indeed. But that's a bit too much of an investment for me :o. I suppose it shouldn't be too big of a problem to develop in drums by hand...
    You could try getting hold of a Paterson Orbital on eBay. I use one of these for Ilfochromes up to 8x10, and it works a treat. Economical on the chemistry, and easy to wash & dry between prints (it dries very quickly, and any remaining moisture is easy to wipe out, neither of which is true of my Jobo drums...) I still use a Jobo for anything larger than 8x10 (although not Ilfochrome yet - I can't afford to .)
    Another day goes under; a little bourbon will take the strain...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ilfochrome is a beautiful material to print on. It is expensive but nothing else compares to it. Calumet ships UPS groundthe chemistry from their Il warehouse.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    If its here Use it! its never too late and we need more people like you!!!!!!!!!! Bravo if you get going with it!!!!!!!!

~Steve
    The Lighthouse Lab

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt5791 View Post

It is the only way to optically print from transparencies - so, even though the market is obviously small now, they do have a monopoly, and the world is a big place.
    Well, thats not "exactly" true. Both Kodak and Fuji have made or still do, color internegative film, intended for making very high quality internegatives of color transparencies, which you can then print on standard RA-4 paper and chemistry. I used to do this all the time. I would expose the 4x5 sheets (also available in 35mm long rolls) in an easel with my enlarger, just like making a color print (but shorter exposure times), develop in standard C-41 chemistry. For 35mm internegatives, I would just use an SLR with a macro lens in a "slide copy" arrangement.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by PHOTOTONE View Post
    I am surprised it hasn't been more promoted as the most archival way to produce color prints from any type of file (digital or film).
    Ummm, FWIW, Wilhelm rates Ilfochrome permanence at 29 years, Fuji Crystal archive at 40 years, and pigment prints on art paper at over 100 ......

The merits of Ilfochrome should perhaps be defined more in terms of aesthetics.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin