Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,915   Posts: 1,556,373   Online: 996

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Daniel,

I wish you the best of luck with this. Ever since I saw you announce the project a while back on another site I've been checking in from time to time to see how it is progressing. Your photography is truly amazing and I think you will do the Kodachrome legacy proud with this endeavour. I can't wait to see the final result!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You have made a good start, and I’m certain that you have it in you to carry your intensions through. Best of luck.

Claes

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The site now better reflects a more global and celebration approach to this campaign and project. The forum software is on, but PHP needs to be up on my server, so I am a day or so away from the launch of the forums.

But keep an eye on it, things are moving fast....
    "I'm the freak that shoots film. God bless the freaks!" ~ Mainecoonmaniac ~

Shooter
    Multi Format
    For what it is worth, as of today, Dwayne's now participates on the Kodachromeproject forum.

And by the way, the project's main focus are three things:

1. To visually celebrate Kodachrome's 75th anniversary.

2. To petition for Kodak to allow Kodachrome photographers to be able to do that.

3. To foster the ideas of shooting meaningful images on Kodachrome in what could be it's last couple years instead of just seeing it fade away.

Also, Kodachrome 64 is officially done in 24 exposure.
    "I'm the freak that shoots film. God bless the freaks!" ~ Mainecoonmaniac ~

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Great idea!

Near Tavistock, Devon, on the edge of Dartmoor.
    Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM-25 View Post
    For what it is worth, as of today, Dwayne's now participates on the Kodachromeproject forum.
    Before the project really gets underway, has anyone drawn Dwayne's attention to the misgivings that I and others have had regarding their processing standards?

They cannot have missed the issues that have been raised on APUG and with direct involvement in the project they surely have little option but to sharpen up their act or face the music. I certainly hope the former is the case, but would take a lot of persuading before entrusting my hard work to Kodachrome/Dwaynes once more.

Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well said Steve. All the negative feedback I've heard, regarding Dwaynes has been my primary reason for abandoning Kodachrome. The risk of getting back ruined work on top of the time it takes and the effort to make the exposures hasn't seemed worth it.
    I love Kodachrome, and no other color film is remotely comaprable IMHO.
    The Kodachrome project is inspiring however, so maybe I'll shoot some again, and at the very least, help make sure it goes out in style.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I couldn't help it. With my most recent order of 127 film from B&H, I added 5 rolls of 36 exp Kodachrome 64. The withdrawal symptoms, or rather, the inspiration, came back after reading about your site, Daniel. I also registered with your site.

Hopefully, despite the negative things I've read about Dwayne's, they will do as good a job as they have done for me in the past. I noticed they were online when I registered with Kodachromeproject.com.

I collect Kodachrome slides and may be able to contribute, somehow, to your site.

All the best!

Marc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Roberts View Post
    Before the project really gets underway, has anyone drawn Dwayne's attention to the misgivings that I and others have had regarding their processing standards?

They cannot have missed the issues that have been raised on APUG and with direct involvement in the project they surely have little option but to sharpen up their act or face the music. I certainly hope the former is the case, but would take a lot of persuading before entrusting my hard work to Kodachrome/Dwaynes once more.

Steve.
    My feelings exactly. I switched to E-6 films because of inferior lab work. I have been tempted to go back to Kodachrome but I am waiting for some positive reports on processing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Roberts View Post
    They cannot have missed the issues that have been raised on APUG .......
    Steve.
    And this is one of the reasons I'm going to give them another try. I'm going to find out for myself rather than waiting around until it's too late.

Marc

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin