Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,729   Posts: 1,515,234   Online: 850

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    David,
    You rock! Thanks for the links.

D.
    My Photography Site www.lofgreenimages.com and My Blog

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks David That's a big help.

pentaxuser

hka
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Does it only work with Dektol?? or is any other standard b&w developer usable?
    harry

Release, the best you can do...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    D76 will not work in my experience. Probably no solvent developer will. The paper emulsions are too soluable and you lose a huge chunk of speed.

PE

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by pentaxuser View Post
    Like the others I am fascinated by this. I have several dozen transparencies but gave up shooting more because of the expense of the Ilfochrome process for making prints using this processand
    I wouldn't count on RA-4 reversal as a substitute for Ilfochrome (or discontinued reversal papers/processes). Results tend to be high in contrast and the color balance tends to be a little weird. Some paper/developer combinations produce mottling. If you've got the right subject, the results can be good (either because the problems are minimized or because the odd characteristics work with the subject), but as a general-purpose way to get prints from slides, I don't think RA-4 reversal is a good way to go.

OTOH, perhaps there's some "magic combination" of paper and developers that will make it work well. If so, I've neither found it nor heard about it.

By all means, experiment. I've got a print hung on my wall that was made with this process. I've got more prints from slides hung on my walls made by scanning and digital printing, though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin