Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,767   Posts: 1,516,489   Online: 889

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

new to polaroid. what should I buy?

Hi guys, I know this might sound mad, but I've decided that I'd like to shoot some polaroid now that it's on the way out, before it's all gone. I plan to buy at least four boxes of Polaroid 600 film.

Can you freeze polaroid 600? I've read somewhere that there is a battery in the film pack. If I do stock up on polaroid 600 film, how long will it last, with battery in the fridge?

So....What kind of polaroid camera should I buy? I'm a poor university student so an expensive camera means very little film, but I don't really want some decrepit POS either!

What would I do if a year from now it ruined some of my then irreplaceable film!!!?

The one we've been looking at are the 648003 instant camera for 70 bucks, or the one step 600 instant camera for 50 bucks, both off of amazon.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You can probably expect about one year past the expiration date, if you refrigerate the film. Freezing could actually damage the chemical pod, and is not recommended. So my best guess is you would be shooting 600 film into about 2010, if you can find enough of it.

http://www.polaroid.com/ifilm/en/index.html

Polaroid indicate the last type 600 having an expiration of August 2009. So maybe you can make it into the summer of 2010 with one of these. Probably long before then you will know if Fuji or any other company want to make something that works in your Polaroid camera.

You might also want to look through Polanoid. They are a bigger Polaroid information resource than APUG.

Ciao!

Gordon Moat Photography

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Get an sx-70 alpha-1, a piece of 2 stop neutral density gel: ie nd6, and you're set. It's an slr type camera with a glass lens. You have to install the gel over the film pack and then nip off the little tabs on the film pack for loading. do a search here or google for directions. info also on polaroid's site
    sam's is the cheapest place that still has type 600

gook luck
    vinny
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Shooter
    35mm
    As long as the chemistry is still wet, the film will work. Four-year-old 600 is not terribly uncommon in photostreams on Flickr.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin