Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,206   Posts: 1,531,795   Online: 897

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Large Format
    When I was in college, every Color Darkroom Dataguide came with a Shirley neg. I still have mine.

Ed
    "I only wanted Uncle Vern standing by his new car (a Hudson) on a clear day. I got him and the car. I also got a bit of Aunt Mary's laundry, and Beau Jack, the dog, peeing on a fence, and a row of potted tuberous begonias on the porch and 78 trees and a million pebbles in the driveway and more. It's a generous medium, photography." -- Lee Friedlander

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Do you think if I ask Kodak nicely next time they make one of these negs I can be the Shirley? hehehehehe

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Frizza View Post
    Do you think if I ask Kodak nicely next time they make one of these negs I can be the Shirley? hehehehehe
    I would love to see the reaction of all of the lab techs to that when they receive it

Particularly the ones in Sydney who know you...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by David Grenet View Post
    I would love to see the reaction of all of the lab techs to that when they receive it

Particularly the ones in Sydney who know you...
    They'd think "I didn't realise that Steve had such a pretty sister!"

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    These negs were used to set the "slope" or to match your "unders" and "overs" to the normal negatives on older analog minilab printers. Later analog minilab printers didn't need them so they became redundant even before digital labs became the norm.
    I believe that the Kodak facility in Melbourne had a "Shirley" set up for making these negatives. Last I heard they were trying to think up a reason to keep making these negs! Shirley has probably ended up in landfill somewhere.
    Film's not dead, it's just got a negative image.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Dear Stephen,

If you want it, I can mail you an scanned copy of the Y-55 Process record form, it's a little to large to be attached on this post, for good printing.
    I hope I will not violate Kodak's copyrights...

Philippe
    "...If you can not stand the rustle of the leafs, then do not go in to the woods..."
    (freely translated quote by Guido Gezelle)

PS: English is only my third language, please do forgive me my sloppy grammar...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin