Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,560   Posts: 1,545,261   Online: 815

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Dug

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi Dave - I hope the P-30 kit I sold you a couple years ago wasn't a bad one. It was still fresh after I did the p3.5 conversion. I read with interest your recent developer and bleach dilution experimentation/recommendations. I will be doing an "ilfochrome" run in the next couple weeks: do you have any more words of wisdom beyond that last thread? Do you think greater dilutions will affect print longevity?

Thanks!

Doug

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi Doug,
    I don't remember the sale details, but it's water under the bridge anyway. I don't really know the affect of diluting the dev and bleach on color stability, maybe PE or someone else will know. Seems to me after it's been fixed properly it should be ok. But I could be wrong.
    Long live Ciba!
    DT

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Dilution or concentration of the developer or bleach will only affect the image dyes in terms of color and saturation, they will not affect stability.

Dilution of the fix, and then underfixing will affect the dmin and hues as the image discolors due to retained silver salts. A simple blix should help this if it takes place.

Under washing will affect image stability.

Storing Ciba/Ilford prints with chromogenic prints can affect the dye hue and stability of chromogenic prints due to the slightly acid nature of the Ilford materials. Chromogenic dyes prefer to be near neutral or they can discolor.

There, more than you ever wanted to know.

PE

Shooter
    Medium Format
    There, more than you ever wanted to know.
    PE Rules!!!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    FYI: on 12-Feb I paid $85 for the P30.2 kit. I was told that as of 1-March the price was going up.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Swift Raven View Post
    FYI: on 12-Feb I paid $85 for the P30.2 kit. I was told that as of 1-March the price was going up.
    SR, where did you buy the kit?
    Ground shipping?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Dave,
    I purchased the kits from Hiddenlight llc. They were shipped UPS ground.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks SR.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Do not see Ilfochrome going anywhere any time soon. Too many imagesetters out there using it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin