Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,733   Posts: 1,515,319   Online: 886

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: C-21

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    K-14 is still the process for Kodachrome. Before that was K-12, if I'm not mistaken, for the first generation of Kodachrome.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

I am mistaken. The process on the roll IS C-22.

A student contacted me and asked for the C-21 process. I asked her, are you certain it's C-21 and not C-22? She said, it says so right on the roll. Having a faulty memory for color negative (as I stated in the beginning) I took her word for it. This morning she called and said she checked again and that it was C-22!

I had assumed (you know that word) that she had the film in front of her when she positively stated that it read C-21.

I apologize for getting everybody worked up over a little known process that never existed.
    Steve Anchell
    Author:
    The Darkroom Cookbook
    The Variable Contrast Printing Manual
    The Film Developing Cookbook
    The Nude at Big Sur

www.steveanchell.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There are also the following processes for motion picture films; ECN-2 for color negative, and RVNP and VNF-1 for color reversal.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes, K-14 is the Kodachrome process. It's quite involved (something like 10+ steps, I think) - I'm not even sure if it can be done at home ... (which is to bad, because comemrcial processing cannot be found on hte cheap). There was a K-12, and, I believe, a K-11 process. Kodak only nakes K-14 chemicals, now, though.

As to process C-22, I've been talking about this on another topic, trying to figure out which (if any) modern developers can be used to process this.

If you want this film developed, your best bet is probably to do it yourself in B&W chemicals. I've done this (recently) with C-41 films, and they come out useable, but with quite an orange mask and some lack of contrast.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin