Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,828   Posts: 1,582,141   Online: 1070

Thread: CRACKED FILM?

Shooter
    Medium Format

CRACKED FILM?

Hello! I'm new to the forum and not too sure where I should post this question. Hope I have the right spot.

I was on a job and the other assistant was talking about freezing film and letting it crack? He said it had a really cool effect. I wasn't sure if this is possible? Does anyone have any experience with this? and the process? 4x5, medium format? Is it possible to do? Also, I'm guessing it should be done after you shoot? Anyway, thanks for your help if anyone has any info I would love to hear it! Thanks! Brion

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I think he is referring to reticulation. If you use a very warm developer and then a very cold stop bath you will get this effect. I am sure there are other ways to obtain it as well. Do a web search and I'm sure you can find some examples. The only problem is that the film is that way for good once you do it.
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin