Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,475   Posts: 1,542,615   Online: 999

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm Pan
    Images

Agfa gevachrome film, which process it uses?

Hi all,

Did any of you used agfa gevachrome? Which type of process (dev) it used?

Many thanks!

richard

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Could it be you refer to Gevacolor R films? Those were clour reversal films made by Gevaert.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    They also made an unmasked color negative film, and a companion paper.

PE

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well, there were Gevachrome materials by Gevaert: orthochromatic(!) plates and sheet films.

Concerning colour:

The unmasked CN films were
    Gevacolor T6.51 (cine T13°),
    Gevacolor N5 (D13°),
    Gevacolor N3 (T13°),
    Gevacolor N5 (D17°),
    Gevacolor T 9.9.54 (cine T18°)

The masked CN film was
    Gevacolor Mask

The reversal films were
    Gevacolor R3 (T14°),
    Gevacolor R5 (D18°)

[All speeds DIN]

I don’t know about the precise colour formulae, at least an early CD employed was Di-ethyl-para-phenylene-diamine.
    Last edited by AgX; 03-22-2008 at 12:46 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: some typing errors

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    They used Dicolamine in one process. I forget what that trivial name translates into. Another developing agent used by both Agfa and Gevaert was N-Ethyl N-Sulfobutyl(?)-para phenylene diamine sodium salt. I'm not sure of the side nitrogen, alkyl sulfonic acid side chain length.

I once had all of the formulas but have lost them or mislaid them over the years.

PE

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    PE,

As I have got no Gevaert formulae at hand I took a reaction scheme I found in a Gevaert publication of '49. It can be that the developing agent I hinted at was only used as a model (though it is a classical one).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    They used several developing agents during the life of both Agfa and Gevaert and Agfa-Gevaert products. I cannot recall the history of usage. I do remember that in one Gevaert process it was carried out at 68 deg F with some rather short process steps considering the fact that it was color.

PE

Shooter
    35mm Pan
    Images
    I was just looking into buying not so old (i believe from the 80s) agfa-gevachrome 16mm code 702. I wonder if it's anything similar to kodak's VCN? Thanks for all the replies!

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sorry Narigas,

I thought the `Geva-´ prefix for colour films made in Mortsel was long gone.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Took a second dive into my archive (now in the cine part) and I learned that Agfa offered between 1972 and 1984 camera and print (rather dupe) films of the brand Gevachrome.
    Can’t say anything on the process.

There were two versions around. A first version and a version marked "II"; the latter was introduced in 1975.

I knew that the Gevaert name in a way survived after the merger for the cine stock for a while but forgot that it was used until 1984...
    Last edited by AgX; 03-22-2008 at 03:57 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin