Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,011   Posts: 1,524,677   Online: 733

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cheap Film

Shooter
    35mm
    Not sure if it's worth it for you with shipping to the UK, but the "Aristacolor" house brand from Freestyle is pretty cheap, and comes in 100 ISO, which can be hard to find sometimes. I'm fairly certain it's Ferrania. I got a roll of the 100 ISO with my last order, haven't shot it yet, though.
    i can't wait to take a picture of my thumb with this beautiful camera.

- phirehouse, after buying a camera in the classifieds

Shooter
    35mm
    When I was in Lidl around December time there was short-dated (03/2008, this month) double-packs of 36 exp. Fujicolor Z200 for 49p - under 25p a roll! I grabbed half a dozen. It's actually not too bad. Sadly when I returned next time they had all gone. I wish I had bought more. Maybe other Lidl stores may have some hanging around?

Shooter
    35mm
    right, so far i've dug out a couple of rolls of old dixons film, probably the same emulsion as is in the jessops, it's made in the EU, it's ASA 200, so we'll see how it goes.

also, i'll pop down to aldi and get a couple of rolls of that Kodak stuff, and see how i fare whilst i'm away.

thanks.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Howell View Post
    As far I can recall there are only 4 firms that still coat color, Kodak, Fuji, Ferrina, and Lucky. If the lable says made in EU Ferrina, Italy.
    Well, Agfa is coating again .
    (Deduced from them stating to have a new colour emulsion-making facility installled.)

Shooter
    35mm
    It's interesting to see how little diversity there is in terms of manufacture of colour films, from that, i can work out that all of the colour film I own is produced in Ferrina. If there's so little diversity, then why can't E-6 be catered for more easily by one of the plants at least?

Shooter
    35mm
    Yes, short or out dated film usually on sale in place to get it moving off the shelves and out the door. These can be great bargains. Is Jessops a camera/photo specialty store, or a pharmacy chain or department store or what? I live in the US, but I was just curious about that as I see it mentioned in here off and on. BTW, what is a quid? Just wondering. Thanks for the help.

Paul

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    By the way, as the error goes on:
    Community and company are called Ferrania.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliej View Post
    Yes, short or out dated film usually on sale in place to get it moving off the shelves and out the door. These can be great bargains. Is Jessops a camera/photo specialty store, or a pharmacy chain or department store or what? I live in the US, but I was just curious about that as I see it mentioned in here off and on. BTW, what is a quid? Just wondering. Thanks for the help.

Paul
    Yes, Jessops is (some would say "was" given they are now 99.9% digital) a large chain of photo stores with shop(s) in most town's high street.

A quid = one pound sterling (also see: fiver, tenner, pony, monkey etc ).

Bob.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin