Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,927   Posts: 1,556,809   Online: 911

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cheap Film

Shooter
    35mm

Cheap Film

I am looking for an incredibly cheap film, basically, just as cheap as it gets, so I can experiment with colour developing, and was wondering, can anyone get any cheaper than: this

And, does anyone know what this film is a repackaged version of, because i know most jessops products are repackaged versions of other companies' products.

thanks.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Ah Advantix film how I love you when your cut open and show your rebate!

Shooter
    35mm
    thanks, do you know if it comes in the APX type can, or just a normal 35mm?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    that exact emulsion...no idea. but there is some colour 35mm Jessop product yea. It will be a different price though.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    [QUOTE=milkplus-mesto;606468]I am looking for an incredibly cheap film, basically, just as cheap as it gets, so I can experiment with colour developing, and was wondering, can anyone get any cheaper than: this

And, does anyone know what this film is a repackaged version of, because i know most jessops products are repackaged versions of other companies' products.

As far I can recall there are only 4 firms that still coat color, Kodak, Fuji, Ferrina, and Lucky. If the lable says made in EU Ferrina, Italy.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    [QUOTE=Paul Howell;606491]
    Quote Originally Posted by milkplus-mesto View Post
    I am looking for an incredibly cheap film, basically, just as cheap as it gets, so I can experiment with colour developing, and was wondering, can anyone get any cheaper than: this

As far I can recall there are only 4 firms that still coat color, Kodak, Fuji, Ferrina, and Lucky. If the lable says made in EU Ferrina, Italy.
    On second thought there may still be orphaned rolls of Agfa lingering on the market. -

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Are you sure you want APS film? If you'd rather have 35mm Ffordes ebay shop have 30 rolls of Agfa Vista for £12.
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AGFA-VISTA-COL...742.m153.l1262
    Hope that link works :-)

Shooter
    35mm
    Do you have a local Aldi supermarket near you? If so, try two rolls of Kodak VR film at either ISO 200 or 400. In my branch it retails at £1.79 for two which is cheaper than the Jessops APS at £0.97 per roll. It's good film as well.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'm with Pentax user. Kodak VR from Aldi. Great stuff. If you want to experiment with film get a 35mm camera. There is precious little choice with APS and partial enlargements are grainy at any of the larger sizes.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Silverprint in Waterloo have ten rolls of Fuji Pro400H for ten quid (dated last July, which is almost nothing). Lidl do a cheap twin pack of Fuji 135 colour film for just about two quid.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin