Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,692   Posts: 1,548,950   Online: 822

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I've hoarded my last find of the Konica Centuria 200, quite an odd and charming color palette, a bit grainy but almost a saturated orangey pastel. Completely unique.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Kennedy View Post
    Paul,is there a way you can tell the manufacturer of a rebranded film?My local dollar store sells "Likon Super GBR 200" for a buck each.I use it occasionally and it's not too shabby.

Mike
    Film is made in Japan. I know that Konica sold a lot bulk film which was rebranded by different chains, at one time Polaroid 35mm was Konica sold at Walmart, later Agfa, I still have a few rolls of it frozen. At this point I think the only color film that is rebranded is Lucky and Ferrina(sp). Maybe 8 years ago before my Mini Lab got a Fronter they had an older model that read the code on the edge of the negative. Lucky read as Kodak Gold. My local dollar store still has rolls but they made in the EU so I guess Ferrina.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Howell View Post
    At this point I think the only color film that is rebranded is Lucky and Ferrina(sp).
    No, Fuji has taken over a lot of the store brands that used to be Agfa or Konica -- locally, both Walgreens (formerly Agfa) and CVS (formerly Konica) store brands are now Fuji. I've heard claims that Kodak is even doing the rebranding, but I've yet to encounter that myself.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I used Centuria years ago. Nothing exceptional but I always felt that the film was goo enough for non-critical subjects.
    "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin