Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,752   Posts: 1,515,879   Online: 1013

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have used, and like, both papers. I tend to like the Kodak papers better because it is thicker and a bit stiffer. When it comes down to it, if I had to choose one paper it would be Kodak Ultra Endura. Being that color paper is so cheap, I would do a side by side comparison on small paper sizes and then buy some larger.

Adios,
    Matt
    --------------------
    "Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it." -Paul Strand

www.glasskeyphoto.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I haven't printed color in awhile, but when I did I used Fuji crystal archive portrait paper. I didn't have any problem printing on it with Kodak or Fuji negatives.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    Endura used to come in 5x7, 100 sheet boxes for under $20. Locally, I could get that off the shelf at RIT in their camera store. IDK about Fuji sizes and I don't know about current Kodak size
    About a year ago Kodak whittled down their 5x7 color papers to supra endura f surface. It was recently discontinued so what's on the shelfs is all that's left for kodak 5x7 color papers. I've never seen fuji 5x7.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I can't compare for you but I've been using Fuji Crystal Archive and Reala and I like the results I'm getting. How fast you go through a box depends on how conservative you are. I'm conservative with my paper but somewhat less so at my school when I'm not paying for it. I've been chewing through a box of 100 sheets for a while. The hard part is establishing base values, that takes a lot of test strips. Once you have that and if you have good exposure you can pretty much make prints without testing them. I find it takes me 3 sheets if I'm finding new base values or 1 if I already know time and values. It depends how perfect you want each.

For chemistry kodak sells gallon size developer kits and I used paterson universal (film and paper) bleach fix. That made it simple but now I'm going to the same developer with the kodak blix. Film the same but seperate. I don't like kits because blix lasts about twice as long as developer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin