Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,837   Posts: 1,582,466   Online: 758

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

VERICOLOR III Professional Type S

Hi

just found a roll of this in my grand mothers old Beier 6x9 folder and was wondering what sort of vintage it might be (she can't remember)

thanks
    Theory: you understand why it should work but it doesn't
    Practice: it works but you have no idea how
    Here theory and practice meet, things don't work and I don't know why
    Homepages: here Blog: here

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi, I remember using Vericolour 111 in the late seventies/ early eighties. Don't know when it's production run finished though.
    Tony

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

My recollections

I'm pretty sure it was one of the first 'pro' c41 films made and dates from the early 80's . There was a companion -L made for longer exposures. It think I used my last 120 of the frozen but long expired -L a few months ago at an outdoor art exhibit based around sculptures fitted with clay pots that held burning kerosene.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There was Vericolor II, Vericolor III and finally the Portra series. I have been shipping out rolls of VII that have been frozen here for years. It is still fairly good and expired in the late 70s early 80s.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a pro pack in the fridge that shows the best before date of 07/85

Gord

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I thought afterwards that I might add this.

Due to reciprocity failure, the Vericolor family was sold in an "S" and an "L" family for short and long exposures to get the highest quality results for the professional.

At about that time, Kodak introduced the new chemistry that improved reciprocity and allowed one film to span the entire short - long exposure range. This improved reciprocity was carried over into the new B&W films BTW.

PE
    Last edited by Photo Engineer; 04-04-2008 at 11:08 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: spelling

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin