Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,704   Posts: 1,548,473   Online: 862

Thread: C41 by mail...

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

C41 by mail...

Howdy -

Since moving to Texas five years ago, I've pretty much had to give up shooting medium format Ilford XP2 since I'm 100 miles from the nearest lab (Austin or Houston) that will process 120 C41. My grocery store does a very nice job with my 35mm XP2, but I don't know how long that will last, either.

I don't mind processing film (in fact, I enjoy it) but I truly prefer the "look" of XP2 to the ISO 400 films I've tried. I don't shoot a great volume of film, and would rather not get into C41 processing in my own darkroom.

Anyway, I'm looking for suggestions for labs that offer C41 processing by mail - ideally, supplying prepaid mailing envelopes, if anyone offers that kind of service these days. Proximity to south Texas would be a plus.

Thanks,

Gary,
    East Snook, TX

Shooter
    35mm

Anti-recommendation

I have a good local lab, but before using them I tried a couple online joints (35mm only) and can tell you that both Snapfish and Photoworks do a terrible job. If you do find a good one let us all know.

Anyone recommend processing XP2 in non C41-chems?
    In life you only get one great dog, one great car, and one great woman. Pet the dog. Drive the car. Make love to the woman. Don't mix them up.

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Images
    My local drugstore sends 120 C41 and E6 film out to be processed. Takes about 2 weeks and costs $4. Although they use Fujifilm processing, I believe they send 120 film to a pro lab to be processed. They did one time send it to A&I for developing and I think it cost $8 that time. If you can wait for processing you would save on shipping.

Jon
    Last edited by Jon Shiu; 04-04-2008 at 01:04 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Mendocino Coast Black and White Photography: www.jonshiu.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I hate walmart and have not been to one in 10 years but I know from friends here they will still send off 120 c41 and e6. AI mailers are what I would do though if I did not have my own wet room. You can order them from B&H and others. Cost will be slightly more than the local drug stores or crapmart, but you will be getting it done right.

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Praus Productions, Rochester
    Fast good everything
    I recently mailed several rolls to them from the left coast, same day I sent a mailer to A&I in LA -250 miles.
    Got all of them back on the same day, but the A&I came postage due ?!!?

Shooter
    35mm

A & I Mailers From B & H Photo

Regarding A & I mailers purchased from B & H Photo, be aware that some you receive may have (mine did) the old address for A & I (A & I said they haven't been there in over one year). So you will need to check the A & I website (www.aandi.com) for the current correct address.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Regarding Praus Productions, we are now APUG sponsors again and are proud to announce that we now have Refrema C-41 processor for clean and streak free processing!

Edgar Praus
    www.4photolab.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin