Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,502   Posts: 1,543,396   Online: 759

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: E6 4x5 lab?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Ironsights View Post
    OH THANK GOD!!!

Ilfochrome! Affordable!
    E6! AFFORDABLE!!
    ALL OPTICAL !!!
    NO DIGITAL!!!!
    YAY!!!

YAY for Photographic Traditions!!!
    Just curious, in regards to Ilfochrome, what is your definition of affordable?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    they're not cheap

Images

New Lab

New Lab in San Francisco is absolutely awesome.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    They do custom optical printing, which isn't cheap. For what they do, the price is good IMO, and everyone down there is great to deal with.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Ok, Ciba isn't cheap, no matter what, but being Canadian, and having the nearest lab want 9 bucks canadian (8.98 american) per 4x5, and the only ilfochrome printer I could find was like 1500 miles away down in Toronto was talking about minimum runs and all the extras, and with staggering prices, well...I'm thrilled by this.

Also, I like how they talk, like "send us a master print and we will match it" and "for printing chromes, if you have a contrast mask...send it and we'll try to use it, if we can't we'll make one up, here is a list of our reasonable prices"....and "the exhibition prices include sending the ciba print back up to three or more times if not satisfied with density, saturation or contrast"

But maybe I'm just giddy with the thought of paying less than a third of what I'd pay for prolab services up here in frost-on-balls, Northwestern Ontario, Canada.

Or maybe I'm just thrilled with finally looking at a website that doesn't have fifteen different catagories for the digital services they provide and a film slot or two as an afterthought.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin