Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,566   Posts: 1,545,426   Online: 1059

Shooter
    35mm

Push processing C41 using Fuji X-Press Kit?

Hi all

I need to push process a film by 3 stops. I know it is pushing it a bit - no pun intended- but I was stuck in a situation with only an ASA400 film and was told at the very last minute that no flash was allowed. As a consequence the only way I could any usable shutter speeds even wide open was to push it to ASA 3200.

Does anyone know what I should increase development time to.

BTW negs are only going to be scanned and posted on a web site so no HQ prints will be required thus giving me a bit of latitude.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Eeeeeek. weird things are going to happen. Push it two stops and use the latitude. if you add 30 seconds for each stop then it would work out to 4:45 but my tetenal kit says about that for a two stop push, so use 5' and call it even.

Shooter
    35mm
    I was guessing 5' 20" as a rough guide so sounds like I shouldn't be too far off. Always amazes me just how much latitude there is in film. I've accidentally pushed EPP100 to 1600 :o and got quite useable results - I wouldn't want to make a 10 x 8 out of a frame but for scanning and tweaking via photoshop (I know that it's non u on this forum but let's face it digital manipulation can save your bacon at times especially if it's a once in a lifetime family shot and your wife will have your nuts if you don't have something for the relatives ) it was presentable enough.

I'll give it a bash tomorrow and see what comes out at the end.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I've heard of pushing movie film by some insane amount (like 8 stops or something) so if you're scanning you'll be okay.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin