Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,678   Posts: 1,482,076   Online: 735

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

New Ilfochrome Chemistry

I am wondering if anyone has tried the new Ilfochrome P3-V Kit and would like to share his/her observations?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I will be trying it, but not for a month or so, and am interested also in people's observations.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    If someone knows a place that ships I will order it and try it this weekend.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    what is P3-V?

Where did you see it?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by boyooso View Post
    what is P3-V?

Where did you see it?
    I saw it on the B&H site. Apparently the P-30 kit is no longer being made and the new kit is a reformulation. When I was at the store last week, they didn't have it. I still have tow P30 kits to get me by for a little while.
    Calumet has shipped from their Illinois warehouse it to me, in the past.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It is possible to get it in Canada? We definitely need a local distributor.
    "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I hope Bob Carnie will chime in, as he's printing Ilfochromes.

I don't know if Ilford (color products) and HARMAN (Simon's Ilford) share the same distributor, but the HARMAN products have been moved from Wynit to Amplis.
    Using film since before it was hip.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mhv View Post
    I hope Bob Carnie will chime in, as he's printing Ilfochromes.

I don't know if Ilford (color products) and HARMAN (Simon's Ilford) share the same distributor, but the HARMAN products have been moved from Wynit to Amplis.
    Yes, I just read that Amphis has taken over distribution of Harmon products. This, hopefully, bodes well for Ilfochrome availability in Canada.
    "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Sorry Folks, The Ilfochrome is still coming from Wynit and has nothing to do with the Amplis takeover of the Harmon line.

I have considered to get involved with an US group where we could purchase the Chemistry in Bulk from Wynit and dropship to Canada and US locations, where we would ship to photographers in each respective country.
    I do not know if there would be a demand for such a service but we are willing to consider all the details required in being a reseller of the Ilfochrome Kits product in Canada and US.
    We are considering as well other niche products that seem to be very hard to get but of are interest to APUGers.
    If there is an interest please blast away on this thread.

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Snapshot View Post
    Yes, I just read that Amphis has taken over distribution of Harmon products. This, hopefully, bodes well for Ilfochrome availability in Canada.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Carnie View Post
    We are considering as well other niche products that seem to be very hard to get but of are interest to APUGers.
    If there is an interest please blast away on this thread.

Bob
    Consider this a "blast" for Ilfochrome.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin