Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,197   Posts: 1,531,404   Online: 904

Shooter
    Multi Format

Temperature control of rinse in jobo

A question to those ho process color in their jobo processors, how do you control the temperature of the rinse cycle water in between the chemical steps ? This water seems to be taken from the water line directly and does not have the same temperature as the tempered water in the actual tank.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, to start with, the temperature range of the wash water is broader. I use water from the faucet set to the middle of the range.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    When I've done E-6 in a cpe2, I'd draw a 2 liter container of tempered water to use for rinse steps. It starts off within a degree or so, and I figure it couldn't drift too far before I used it. Based on PE's advice above, I probably didn't need to do that.

Peter

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Please note that all Jobo gaskets leak slightly. As the tank rotates, it oscillates or wobbles, and therefore there is leakage of the processing solutions into the tempering bath. With enough throughput, you can see the water turn reddish brown from bleach or blix.

In any event, using water from the tempering bath for washing, will not wash. Ungood.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I usually fill some of the bottles with water that's close to the bath water, then just let the water in the bottles settle to bath water temperature.

Jerry

Shooter
    Large Format
    I have a Hass Intellifaucet temperature controller that feeds the Jobo. My Jobo is the ATL 2300 that does the rinses automatically from the water line. Sounds like you have an ATL model as well. The CPA/CPP models require you to manually pour your own rinse water in each time just like the chemistry.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I am using four graduated cylinders of my Jobo CPP2 to keep tempered distilled water for the first wash in E6 cycle. I use a microwave oven to rapidly warm up a liter of water in plastic beaker to +38C, then I pour it in the graduates. For the following washes I keep a glass beaker with pre-tempered water in the upper trough of my processor, jacketed in water. That gives me minimal deviations from required +38C, and works fine.

Zhenya

Shooter
    Medium Format

The other reliable option is the external tank for the jobo with the temperature control

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin