Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,677   Posts: 1,482,033   Online: 885

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Cross Processing at Jessops

So, i've been shooting some E-6, and was wondering, if jessops would process it as C-41 film, to get the look i'm looking for. Also, i haven't had any concrete information on this, but it would still come out as slide film, just with more contrast, right?

And would they charge me for E-6 (£8.99) or for C-41 (£3.99)?

Considering they know me there, (and were happy to put my C-41 straight through whilst I waited, considerably undercutting their 1/2 hour photos promise) do you reckon they'd do it?

Thanks, Milkplus.

Shooter
    35mm
    If you know them, why not ask them?

I've always found Jessops very helpful, particularly if you choose a quiet time (not Saturday mornings!).
    Last edited by railwayman3; 04-13-2008 at 04:20 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Incompetent typing.

Shooter
    35mm
    yeah, i'll wander down there tomorrow when i've got some spare time and see if they do it or not, i was just wondering if anyone here had asked them before.

Shooter
    Large Format
    No it doesnt come out as slide film, it comes out as negative film, although with different effects. I dont know about Jessops, but many places do it, and should charge same as C41.

Shooter
    35mm
    You'll have to ask - where I am some of the 1-hr chains are pretty picky about only developing film that has "c-41" printed on the canister, and will refuse to process anything else (but some will process things like bulk-rolls without issue).

Also, here a lot of places charge an extra fee for xpro, which makes no sense at all, as they don't have to do anything differently and it has no adverse effect on their chemistry.
    i can't wait to take a picture of my thumb with this beautiful camera.

- phirehouse, after buying a camera in the classifieds

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I'va taken E6 films to tesco before. Because the person there didn't know the difference between E6 and C41, it was never questioned, but she did mention that the negs were a funny blue purple instead of orange, when I came to collect them.

Shooter
    35mm
    I took some slide film to a local independent shop last year, they were happy to x process but when I went to collect them they said that the digital printer could print from them, so I paid for processing and prints and only got processing.

Geoff, did you get prints from Tesco?

Ritchie

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    £8.99 sounds like a very expensive E6 service.

I guess they send away because I doubt they have a precessor for E6 in the shop so you might aswell send direct to someone like:

www.palmlabs.co.uk

Also, Palm use "dip and dunk" processors (for both E6 and C41), whereas a lot of labs use roller transport. The former is generally considered superior.

Matt

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by thomsonrc View Post
    Geoff, did you get prints from Tesco?
    Ritchie
    Got dev, 36 6x4 prints and scan to CD for about £7. The X-pro shots I have in my gallery are Tesco's Scans of my Provia 400X negs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    "Would Jessops staff know what crossed processing is, or would they look at you as if you were a dangerous lunatic when you explained ?
    Ben

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin