Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,966   Posts: 1,523,331   Online: 1196

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

BPD Photech & Peak Imaging - Which would you recommend?

Hi

Can anyone tell me which of these two printing companies come the most recommended or are they fairly equal in terms of service provision?

BPD Photech - www.bpdphotech.com
    Peak Imaging - www.peak-imaging.co.uk

I have heard Peak recommended a lot but the one set of prints I got back from them were not great, but then again, maybe that was just my photos!. I have also read a couple of glowing reports about BPD and their website certainly makes them look the business, but I don't know which of the two comes the most recommended.

Thanks

Ted
    Ted Smith Photography
    Hasselblad 501CM...my 2nd love.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I can only comment on Peak Imaging who I found to be very good with a quick turnaround.

Cheers, Lol

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi - for a lab with personal service, but all the best equipment and expertise (Simon and Steve are very experienced printers and lab technicians) try Palm Laboratory in Birmingham:

www.palmlabs.co.uk

They do a lot of mail order, if that is what you wer planning.

If you speak to them say you heard of them on APUG - I keep telling them they should advertise here!

I'm can't comment about the other two you mention.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi, I use BPD Photec for all of my Cibachrome work and all of my digital printing but find that their choice of papers for digital work is very limited. They have no choice of true fibre paper and this limits their range considerably. The work they do is exceptional for Cibachrome but their digital work sometimes has a colour cast. If you wish to print a warmtoned monochrome image I would look elsewhere. Unfortunately, as yet, I have not found an alternative.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    As if by magic, I have discovered this place that offers a Giclee printing service. This should be good enough for exhibition printing if that is your thing. I may well try them out.

http://www.rivierepublishing.com/

Shooter
    35mm
    Just to endorse another poster's opinion, I saw some great Ciba/Ilfochromes in a shop unit at Martin Mere Wildfowl sanctuary near Southport. No, there weren't of birds but of trains. The guy there used bpd and couldn't speak highly enough of them. He didn't need to, as the pictures spoke for themselves.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Peak have always been good for me, but I've only even had them do negative processing.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I have had some good results from Peak but If you are looking for exhibition quality prints then I would use BPD. They produce prints for Joe Cornish and Charlie Waite which is a good enough recommendation for me.

Steve.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hello Ted

I have used BPD Photech for all of my colour work(which isn't a lot) If it is Ciba from slide that you are after then you will not be disappointed. The final print will resemble the slide as you view it on a 5000k lightbox. They are also very helpfull and curtious, and turnaround times are very quick. If you want any dodging or burning done then it is helpfull to send them detailed instructions. Trust me, you won't be disappointed. I have photographs of my daughter that have been sitting on a windowsill for over 16 years made by them, still looking as fresh as the day they were made.

I hope this helps

Kind Regards

Stoo

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks everyone - good advice.
    Ted Smith Photography
    Hasselblad 501CM...my 2nd love.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin