Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,880   Posts: 1,520,479   Online: 869

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A presoak would not help much. Use carbonate, about 50 g/l IIRC. Sodium Carbonate, and either anhydrous or monohydrate as the amount is not critical.

Use it on the Kodachrome for about 2 minutes at 68 deg F and then wipe very very gently with a sponge wetted in the carbonate. Then wash for about 2 minutes in running water and then develop. Times are probably not critical in this case, but would be in a real color process.

PE

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan

processing old colour film

Hello Ron:Thanks for the info.When you mention a real colour process,are referring to C-41 or E-6?.Do I rate the film at it's normal ASA or will whatever process I choose affect how I rate it?.Also,what temp do I process it at or will that be a hit or miss proposition ?.

This should do it for this subject.Thank you all for your help.

Doug

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Kodachrome cannot be done in anything but the Kodachrome process itself or a B&W process. It is the only color film (except motion picture camera stock) that has rem jet. So, I refer you to the Kodachrome process when I speak of the real color process.

I have no idea what ISO speed to use for any old film or any film not processed in its own process, nor can I suggest process conditions. I do suggest you use 20 deg C or 68 F for B&W processing.

PE

Shooter
    35mm
    About ten years ago, when working for a pro lab, we received several rolls of the then-current colour motion picture film. If memory serves, it was designated Eastman 5247 Motion Picture Film.

As it had a rem jet backing, we caught it (on a C-41 dip and lift processor) as it came out of the first wash tank. As we had allowed it to wash, we swabbed the base side with a wet cotton pad, until all of the rem jet was gone. We then returned it to the first wash for a further ten minutes, and allowed the C-41 process to continue (fix, wash, stabilizer and dry).

I had no part in the contact printing of the negatives, but there were images on the film!

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan

processing old colour film

Hello Terrence:Thanks for that information.It is very useful.

Doug

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin