Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,762   Posts: 1,516,158   Online: 943

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

C41 Flexicolor chemistry questions

Hi all...

I need some clarification re exactly which chemicals to buy. It's very confusing to see this-and-that starter, this-and-that replenisher, etc...

Exactly what the heck do I need?

I'll be using a Phototherm processor...

Thanks!

Paul

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Unless you are runniing a seasoned process, you do not need any sort of starter.

If you use a seasoned process, you only need the developer starter.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    So, starting out...all I need is each chemical in the "XXX and replensisher" version...?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You would need C41 developer, no starter and RA-RT developer replenisher, no starter for film and paper respectively. The rest of the chemistry is an "I don't care" situation as to what you get whether replenisher or the straight chemistry.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Great...so bleach and fix is "whatever"...as well as stabilizer.

So, that's it?

You've been a great help, sir!

Paul

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Dear Paul,

Here is a link to the Kodak site with all the necessary information. Use the instructions for rotary tube processors.

http://www.kodak.com/global/en/busin...als/z131.jhtml

Below is an excerpt from the first document in the list showing the items you will need. Note that "Kodak Fixer and Replenisher" is one product.

KODAK FLEXICOLOR Chemicals for Rotary-Tube Processors, Small Tanks, and
    Unreplenished Sink Lines

These chemicals are designed for use in unreplenished batch systems—e.g., small tanks, rotary tubes, and small-volume
    sink lines. They are ready to use as mixed without adding starter. Note: For higher-volume replenished sink-line systems, it is
    more practical to use larger chemical sizes. You can prepare tank solutions of developer and bleach by adding the
    appropriate starters to the replenisher solutions.

KODAK FLEXICOLOR Developer - Use this developer in unreplenished systems. No starter is needed.
    • Available in a size to make 1 U.S. gallon.
    KODAK FLEXICOLOR Bleach III - Use this bleach full-strength in small tanks and tube-type processors without replenishment.
    KODAK FLEXICOLOR Fixer and Replenisher Mix according to the directions for use as a working solution.
    • Available in sizes to make 1 and 5 U.S. gallons.
    KODAK FLEXICOLOR Stabilizer III - Mix according to the directions for use as a working solution.

Neal Wydra

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Much thanks, Neal!

I'm looking forward to adding this process to my darkroom craft...your post and link is much appreciated.

A big thanks to PE for your answer and the many answers you've contributed on my many searches throughout APUG.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin