Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,770   Posts: 1,516,517   Online: 761

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Ilfochrome material logevity

I have a bunch of ilfochrome paper and chemistry (P30 kits) of unknown age but possibly 10+ yrs. Any chance of the stuff being any good? No idea of the storage conditions, but nothing too brutal. Room temperature at worst.
    The universe is a haunted house. -Coil

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Also have Ilford Cibachrome A-II paper (16x20), Cibachrome II paper (16x20), and Cibachrome Deluxe Paper (Cf.1K) 8x10. Are these compatible with the P30 Ilfochrome kit?
    The universe is a haunted house. -Coil

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I think Ilford did minor P30 formula adjustments to match a particular paper emulsion, but don't know the details.
    I know the CF1K will work with the P30 kits just fine.
    I've had good results with paper that has been frozen for 5 years after expirey, but never tried anything older.
    I think the P30 kits shelf life was 3 years, I tried some that was older, and got crappy results.
    DT

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin