Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,650   Posts: 1,481,302   Online: 838

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Goldfarb View Post
    I'm a bit embarrassed to admit that I've occasionally processed slide film that was more than two years old, and it looked as if I'd shot it the day before. I think modern films hold up pretty well. This would have been Provia 100F, 400F, and RMS.
    This got me thinking what happened?
    Now I remember a "low battery warning" at the end of the trip. The Pentax 67II is supposed to continue correct exposure up until the final burst of energy...not!
    Solution...replace batteries at the warning.
    You'd think an old dummy like me would know better...

Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    In the words of Mr. Scott "The more complex the plumbing, the easier it is to clog up the drain". I used that once at EK to explain why we were having problems with one of the new scale up units. I got a lot of mixed reactions.

PE
    That's the problem, Ron, there are so many people in this crazy modern world that don't know Star Trek quotes by heart!

So the usual reaction you will get from someone that (foolishly) doesn't commit great Scottish rants or Shatnerian monologues to memory is: "What the HELL is this guy talking about?" :-)

To add a quote pertinant to this situation: "RISK is PART of the business. . . That's, why. . . we're out here. Thats, why. . . we're ABOARD her."

To put it more succinctly though, this "risk" is totally avoidable by TESTING equipment, repeatly, before you shoot. Don't make any assumptions about the functionality of anything.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Karl;

Fortunately, most all of the audience knew the quote as they were Trekkers. The mixed reaction came from their either laughing or their chagrin at realizing that the problem was there in front of their eyes. Overdesign and control software bugs.

PE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin