Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,276   Posts: 1,534,793   Online: 836

Shooter
    35mm

14-year-expired Ektachrome 200?

Hello everyone,

I recently dug up a small box of vintage Ektachrome, all dated between 1990 and 1994, and with speeds between 50 and 200. I'd guess that there are 10-15 rolls of it. It probably hasn't been refrigerated ever. What kind of results could I expect if I shot and processed it?

Most of the rolls are still in the original packaging. They are the European version, made in the UK by Kodak Limited and with markings in English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, and Portuguese. If it's not worth shooting, I'll just keep it for the historical value. (There must be collectors and museums for such things, right?)

Also, does anyone know of any places in the Baltimore, Maryland area that processes E-6? I don't have the supplies/chemistry/money to do it myself, or else I would.

-Stephen

By the way, I did shoot a roll, and had it processed at my friendly local Walgreen's... and they processed it as C-41! If I want my slides cross-processed, I know where to go now... :P In retrospect, though, it makes sense--the average person who gets their film done there won't be shooting transparencies.
    Last edited by Stevopedia; 04-29-2008 at 04:14 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Grammatical error.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Try it you may love the horrific colour shifts.

But then compared to US color TV the colour may not seem quite as bad

Ian

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    Try it you may love the horrific colour shifts.

But then compared to US color TV the colour may not seem quite as bad

Ian
    Well, the cross-processed roll doesn't look half bad!

What surprised me the most about it was that the negatives are a very dark and vivid shade of green. It's surprising that the prints have any color in them at all, funky blue-green cast they have or no... :rolleyes: They're also extra-grainy. It's actually a pretty cool effect.

EDIT: I was looking at the prints just now, and it turns out that what I thought was funky-looking grain is actually an obscene amount of digital noise that came from the printing machines at the one hour photo, not any fault of the film.
    Last edited by Stevopedia; 04-29-2008 at 04:18 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Dodge Color in Silver Spring if that's not too far

Quote Originally Posted by Stevopedia View Post
    Also, does anyone know of any places in the Baltimore, Maryland area that processes E-6? I don't have the supplies/chemistry/money to do it myself, or else I would.
    I know dodge color in silver spring does a good job, I don't know of any up in baltimore but it would certainly be a good thing to know since I go to school here now.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

1991 E200

I am shooting this film I have frozen from new stock exp 1991 , I am just amazed by how well it shoots.
    it cost me 25P a roll I bought 30 rolls.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2305/...96a1d9c8_o.jpg

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin