Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,911   Posts: 1,584,682   Online: 775

Thread: Pond liner

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Pond liner

I have a Unicolor 8X10 drum that leaked like a sieve. I used a scrap piece of pond liner to make a new seal. Works perfectly now and doesn't leak a drop.
    Rick Jason.
    "I'm still developing"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Can you provide more details please?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Pond liner can be obtained at landscaping outlets. Outdoor fishponds need a large rubber liner. The liner is available by the yard much like material in a fabric store. It's like very thick inner tube rubber. Actually, an inner tube from a large tire like a grader or skidder might be thick enough.

With regard to the seal, the original plastic seal had become thin and brittle, and was leaking badly. I removed the old seal, traced it onto the pond liner, and cut it out. Worked like a charm.

If you need more info, I'll borrow my daughter's digi and post a few shots of the seal.

Rick
    Rick Jason.
    "I'm still developing"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Rick - the description should be enough!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin