Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,951   Posts: 1,585,977   Online: 984
      
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 15 of 15
  1. #11

    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    378
    http://cgi.ebay.com/20-Rolls-Kodak-3...742.m153.l1262

    Even better, here's 20 ro. of UC that you don't even have to bulk-load, ~$2.50 ea. with shipping factored in! They're outdated but cold stored, so maybe rate one to two thirds of a stop less than normal and you'll get great results. If they've been frozen all this time, which it sounds like they have been, then even better. Anyway, with 20 ro. just do a clip test on one roll to see for certain.

  2. #12

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Woonsocket, RI USA
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    2,725
    Quote Originally Posted by One_DaveT View Post
    Dynachrome and srs5694, do you have a source of non-pro films such as 400UC at prices that make bulk purchases financially unattractive?
    Hmmm... I just checked B&H, and I may have to retract my earlier comment. Although the bulk film isn't available in significant variety (just 400NC and 160NC for Kodak), it does seem to be less expensive than its non-bulk counterparts. I recall checking this a couple of years ago and seeing only a tiny savings in cost for bulk loading. Perhaps the pricing has changed, or maybe I erred when I did my earlier cost comparisons.

  3. #13

    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    378
    Quote Originally Posted by srs5694 View Post
    Hmmm... I just checked B&H, and I may have to retract my earlier comment. Although the bulk film isn't available in significant variety (just 400NC and 160NC for Kodak), it does seem to be less expensive than its non-bulk counterparts. I recall checking this a couple of years ago and seeing only a tiny savings in cost for bulk loading. Perhaps the pricing has changed, or maybe I erred when I did my earlier cost comparisons.
    The significant savings is only applicable with B&W and premium priced pro stocks these days like old E6 emulsions and the Portra line.

    The E series Ektachromes basically have almost no savings over individual rolls. The real savings was on grey market B&W bullk film back when we had the strong dollar.

  4. #14

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Woonsocket, RI USA
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    2,725
    Quote Originally Posted by FilmIs4Ever View Post
    The significant savings is only applicable with B&W and premium priced pro stocks these days like old E6 emulsions and the Portra line.
    As this thread is explicitly about C-41, and as available bulk films in C-41 are very limited (just Portra, old Fuji stock, and rebadged Ferrania from Freestyle, AFAIK), the "only" seems to be a pretty large part of what's relevant to the original query.

  5. #15

    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    378
    Quote Originally Posted by srs5694 View Post
    As this thread is explicitly about C-41, and as available bulk films in C-41 are very limited (just Portra, old Fuji stock, and rebadged Ferrania from Freestyle, AFAIK), the "only" seems to be a pretty large part of what's relevant to the original query.
    Hey, do you want to nitpick my use of spelling and grammar too? Excuse me for going beyond the scope of C-41 and being more informative than the poster asked; Jesus. . . .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12


 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin