Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,524   Posts: 1,543,825   Online: 810

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    I like to print everything that I take a picture of. I use a saunders multi-easel to put 2 5"x7"'s on one 8"x10" sheet. With 24-26 pictures on 12-14 8"x10"'s to print, the Jobo can only do two at a time. The Moduline processor allows me to print 14 8"x10"'s with a basket system.
    Last edited by RellikJM; 05-22-2008 at 07:17 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: *

Quote Originally Posted by pentaxuser View Post
    Some vertical slot processors are temp controlled but others aren't and rely on the room temp being at least at the minimum range for room temp processing. Nova make both kinds of processor. The ones which can be set for 95F give the best of both worlds as they are quicker than a Jobo drum which requires fill and dump several times for dev, stop and blix as well as drying before the next print.
    pentaxuser
    He says he has a *temperature controlled* Jobo, so I have no idea why he'd switch to a slot processor in the first place.

Thanks for the explanation of what a slot processor is. I thought he was referring to a different kind of processor originally.
    Last edited by FilmIs4Ever; 05-22-2008 at 04:35 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Clarification

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by FilmIs4Ever View Post
    He says he has a *temperature controlled* Jobo, so I have no idea why he'd switch to a slot processor in the first place.
    Until I heavily modified the Jobo it did not maintain any decent standard of temperature control. After two pumps and a PID controller it is now acceptable to maintain the needed +/- .5 for paper and +/- .25 for film.

I use the slot processor for volume, the Moduline allows up to 14 8"x10"'s at room temp.
    Last edited by RellikJM; 05-22-2008 at 07:19 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: HTML Issue

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin