Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,487   Posts: 1,571,318   Online: 852

Shooter
    Multi Format

Reciprocity failure with Ektachrome EIR (e.g., shooting under full moon)

This might be an odd question to ask, but has anyone experimented with shooting Ektachrome EIR at night under a full moon? My knowledge of reflected solar radiation from the lunar surface is that it continues well into the IR spectrum, trailing off only slightly to reflected visible light. So I guess this question comes in two parts:

1) How well, based on personal experience, does EIR hold up to long exposure times, in terms of reciprocity failure?

2) Has anyone here attempted to shoot EIR night shots under a full moon?

Thanks.

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I have never attempted to shoot EIR under a full moon, but I have used it at evening/twilight at a balloon glow. Since that it the only time I have ever used it at night, I can only offer my observations. I will have to see if I can find that roll and scan a few.
    Diane

Halak 41

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That would be great to see. Thanks!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin