Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,736   Posts: 1,515,503   Online: 1099

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mhv View Post
    Art, I'm sure you're probably blaming me for the entire "negative vibe" in your posts, but it's just that sometimes you start very similar threads within a certain period of time. That brings out the sarcastic in me.
    Seriously, you have to start taking meds or stop using them. I never knew my posts were so important to you to track. They're not.

As for my Lomo opinions, I'm not entirely convinced that it is a silver bullet, as you sometimes presented it.
    All I am saying is that Lomo is trying very hard. Obviously selfishly, but what company isn't? They just do it more selfishly than others and consequently better than others. Since I began seeing these Lomo hate-on threads, some years ago, Lomo have grown, fostered film use, introduced more film based equipment, organized more film based events, continue to popularize film to the general public; and their critics have done nothing to further film, even remotely on par.

Regards, Art.
    Last edited by gr82bart; 05-26-2008 at 03:54 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gr82bart View Post
    Seriously, you have to start taking meds or stop using them. I never knew my posts were so important to you to track. They're not.

Regards, Art.
    I think your posts are equally important to you because you worry about the bad vibe they may suffer from.

Will it be straight Paxil or Diazepam on the rocks for you?
    Using film since before it was hip.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Whatever Michel.

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    :rolleyes:
    Using film since before it was hip.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Like, dudes, go process some film or clean out your trays or something.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I've been doing this with plastic lens cams and an Olympus XA with generally interesting results. The skys get very dramatic (As you'd get if you put a redfilter on a B&W shot).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin