Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,748   Posts: 1,515,745   Online: 1099

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm Pan
    Images

Gevachrome and orwochrome and E6

Dear all,

I shot a few meters of gevachrome 702 reversal film and I will try to develop it this weekend. It seems that hot E6 will definitely destroy it, so, I plan to try the following:

BW dev, re-exp, and C41 (at room temp)

e6 (tetenal kit) at room dev.

If that does not work, I will buy a dev. kit that develops svema and orwochrome. Anyway, I wonder if anyone knows if gevachrome and orvochrome uses a similar process...

Btw, I found this site with formulas;:
    http://www.keyong.de/954830-agfacolo...ng-development

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Formulae for processing both these films were published in the British Journal Photography Almanac in the 50's, I do have them but unfortunately not with me. The link you posted is probably very similar, I think the Gevaert film used similar technology.

The chemistry is quite different to E6, or more specifically the older E2, E3/4 processes, which were used at lower temperatures. You might need to use a pre-hardening bath.

I'll see what other info I may have here in the UK this evening.

Ian

Shooter
    35mm
    For the room-temp C-41, you might consider NCF-41. This is a room-temperature (75F) divided developer for C-41. I wouldn't recommend it for most real C-41 films (see my comments in the thread to which I linked for details), but for playing around with other films in the way you suggest, it might be better than trying to use a more conventional C-41 formula at room temperature.

Best of luck with it, however you proceed.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    If anyone needs, I have formulae for both negative and reversal color orwo process. They are different than geva you gave link to. Orwo uses T22 (TSS) as color developer, while geva uses T32.

There is a lab here, in Warsaw, witch processes color orwo, both negs and slides in original process.

If processed in spiral tank, the film might survive regular E6. I've developed once a roll of orwo UT21 in regular c41 and it worked. Emulsion swelled and drying took quite long, but I got a neg with from-behind-the-iron-curtain colors.

It's worth to try run process at lowered temp. For orwo PC7 I use c41 kit. Color dev for 8 mins at 25C. It works. Can't say much about color balance, as it's old cine print film.

I also suspect that processing color orwo films in c41 and possibly e6 might seriously affect sharpness. But that is just a hypothesis to be checked.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I believe that they used Dicolamine, which is a relative of CD-4. That does not mean that they are interchangable.

The Dignan NCF-41 will not work properly with some films as it is a 2 bath developer and relies on the thickness of the film to supply the correct amount of imbibed chemistry. In fact, this is a failing of all 2 bath developers.

Some ORWO films used CD-1 as color developing agent. This is N,N Diethyl -p-phenylene diamine . HCl IIRC. Both developing agents are still available from many sources.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Depending where you are, if you need Colour developing agents PM me, I have CD-1, 2, 3 & 4, Genochrome, Mydochrome and possibly some others which I'm about to put in storage in the next few days.

Ian.

Shooter
    35mm Pan
    Images
    I was planning to develop in a rewind tank, so it seems a bad idea right? Anyway, would also be a good idea to preharden it? Would anyone have a good pre-hardening formula that I should try? Mercy!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Prehardener:

500 ml water
    100 g Sodium SulfATE
    3 ml 37% formalin
    50 g Sodium Carbonate

Water to 1 L, pH to about 9 - 10

Treat film for 5' at 68 F (20 C) and then wash for 10 mins. Continue with first developer.

PE

Shooter
    35mm Pan
    Images
    Guys, you're awesome! I have to say, this forum rocks! Anyway, I think I've got an idea about the developer, but the bleach, could I use e6 or c41? Thanks heaps.

richardson

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Any bleach should be fine, but the original process would have used quite a simple ferricyanide/bromide bleach, followed by fixer.

Ian

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin