Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,708   Posts: 1,548,603   Online: 1098

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Tokyo Gratzy Film.

Hello all,

Has anyone ever heard of Tokyo Gratzy film?

They have a 100 called 'Parade' and a 400 called 'Vegas':

http://tokyo-gratzy.com/?mode=f3

I think it might be Ferrania film, but that's just a guess.

Anyone know anything?

Shooter
    35mm
    If the scans are good and realistic (not done on a flaky scanner or post-processed in some weird way), the color balance and contrast are very odd. I've never seen Ferrania react in that way to daylight scenes. (The first shot or two look to be nighttime or perhaps dusk, but most of the rest are clearly daylit.)

My only guess is that it's the same as Rollei ScanFilm (which is in fact made by the surviving Agfa, IIRC), but that's a shot in the dark.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Not sure about that, certainly has a different feel to the film, a bit like E6 thats been messed with.

Theres certainly a link to the Ferrania Japan site, but I'm not sure if thats a distributor for them in Japan, or the original manufacturer.

Curiouser and Curiouser

Actually looking at the gallery pictures more closely, it looks like E6 cross-processed as C41
    Last edited by Aurum; 07-04-2008 at 02:58 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Revalation: Cross processing
    "Flatter Me, and I May Not Believe You. Criticize Me, and I May Not like You. Ignore Me, and I May Not Forgive You. Encourage Me, and I Will Not Forget You."

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurum View Post
    Actually looking at the gallery pictures more closely, it looks like E6 cross-processed as C41
    You may be on to something there. Might they be marketing an E-6 film in a "process C-41" cartridge as a way of producing unusual results? If so, it could be a boon to those who want to do cross-processing but who don't do their own C-41 development and who run into minilab operators and other photofinishers who refuse to do it.

Shooter
    35mm
    Here's a Flickr pool of photos taken with Vegas 400:

http://www.flickr.com/groups/vegas400/pool/

It's a pity you have to buy 10 rolls, if it was a single, I'd just order one and see what it's like.

Shooter
    35mm
    Those pictures on Flickr looks much better. It should be interesting to try that film. Is this Japanese product?

Shooter
    35mm
    It appears to be retailing in Japan only. Not too sure of it's origin though.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    http://redcamera.co.kr/index.php?sal...6&gname=vegas&

according to Korean importer, it is Japanese original film. They produce film with limited quantity, like 20,000 rolls per brand. The first brand was 'parade', second was 'rainbow' and this time 'vegas'. Once produced, never produced again. They are hand made film and hand wound. They say sometimes you can have less than 36 exposures and there can be scratches on the film because everything was done by hand. No DX coding.

It is called 'toy film' for toy cameras.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Looks to me like they are trying to "out-Lomo" Lomo. Looking at their gallery images, it seems that the exposure really affects the colour response of this film. Nail it dead-on and it looks "normal" a little high or low and it's like trying the brown acid at Woodstock. :rolleyes: (really does have a cross-processed look)

Cheers,
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by butterflydream View Post
    They are hand made film and hand wound.
    Thanks for the info. Hand made eh? Interesting.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin