Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,808   Posts: 1,581,481   Online: 1096

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have pushed Kodak's Ektachrome 200G to EI 800 for some night images. Link to Kodak's site: http://www.kodak.com/global/en/profe....11.20.9&lc=en

Kodak does not make a 400 speed slide film any more.

Never tried Kodak's Portia 800 film: http://www.kodak.com/global/en/profe....14.22.7&lc=en

On the consumer side, Kodak Ultra Max 800, which I have never tried either: http://www.kodak.com/eknec/PageQueri...q-locale=en_US

Regards, Art.
    Last edited by gr82bart; 07-26-2008 at 09:38 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Quote Originally Posted by 2F/2F View Post
    I still have a bunch of medium format MS 100/1000 that I shoot every now and then. It's a nice film in my opinion, and still decently fresh if you can find it for sale 2nd hand. Do you want a sample roll or two?
    Thanks for the offer but I'll go with the readily available Fuji 800 film for now and possibly try the natura 1600.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sure thing. Let me know if you change your mind.

For medium format, all you have is Kodak Portra 800 and Fuji Pro 800Z.

If you are going to get the small-format stuff, try to get Press (AKA Superia in Press Package) instead of plain Superia. They are identical emulsions, but Press always comes in 36-exp. rolls, and also is "professional". This means that it comes in matching emulsion batches and is aged to optimum color balance before it is shipped. The matching batches helps a lot when shooting multiple rolls.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

dmr
    Shooter
    35mm
    I've shot the Superia 1600 with very good results.

A local guy here said a camera shop told him that it had been discontinued. Checking on the web shows otherwise. It's on the Fuji site and I ordered some from B&H not too long ago.

Shooter
    35mm
    Just for interest's sake it would appear that Konica once did a colour neg at 3200. There's a seller advertising it on the U.K. e-bay in the film section right now.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by pentaxuser View Post
    Just for interest's sake it would appear that Konica once did a colour neg at 3200. There's a seller advertising it on the U.K. e-bay in the film section right now.

pentaxuser
    I have a few rolls in the freezer....I think it was discontinued a while before Konica finished film manufactore altogether.

It's obviously grainy, but interesting to use. I find that, with my equipment and working, a rating of 3200 is probably optimistic, and it seems to give better results at 1600. (Like most color neg, any underexposure seems to produce dull milky colors and clogged shadows). Best results seem to be with printing (or scanning) the negs yourself, rather than one-hour D&P.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pentaxuser View Post

pentaxuser
    This film was made once each year, and a reservation was required with your local dealer to get some. It was very hard to get and in great demand.

It was surprisingly sharp and fine grained. They had a great team working on it.

PE

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    This film was made once each year, and a reservation was required with your local dealer to get some. It was very hard to get and in great demand.

It was surprisingly sharp and fine grained. They had a great team working on it.

PE
    That's interesting, I didn't realise that the film was scarce in its time.

I was saving my cassettes for some suitable subjects anyway, but I'll treat it with particular respect as I can't see anyone else producing anything comparable in the future.

Seems that a lot of special skills have been lost with Konica, with films like this and their infra-red materials.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes, I tried to get some and my local dealers told me I had missed the deadline for ordering it. I had to wait for a year or more before it was manufactured again, as all of the current batch was pre-sold.

I knew a number of Konica engineers, but never discussed this with them. They did acknowledge that it was made once a year and that it was rare.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I still have a few 120 format rolls of Konica 3200. It is seriously out of date and I don't intend to take pictures with it . What it is good for is airport x-ray negotiations. A few rolls mixed in with other film in the clear plastic bag can earn the much desired "hand inspection", .... sometimes.
    Photography, the word itself, invented and defined by its author Sir John.F.W.Herschel, 14 March 1839 at the Royal Society, Somerset House, London. Quote "...Photography or the application of the Chemical rays of light to the purpose of pictorial representation,..". unquote.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin