Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,523   Posts: 1,572,267   Online: 793

Thread: EIR in 120

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

EIR in 120

Hi all--
    I just wanted to give a quick heads up for anyone that might be interested. I ordered some of the 120 EIR that is being cut down in Germany. I have not had a chance to shoot it yet, but I did order some last week and it showed up here in San Francisco today. It had all kinds of good stickers re: do not x-ray, which was very good to see. Anyway, I just wanted to let everyone know in case there was anyone worried about doing an international transaction. So far, I am VERY impressed...and I haven't even opened the film yet!
    Adios,
    Matt
    --------------------
    "Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it." -Paul Strand

www.glasskeyphoto.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Let us know how it goes with exposing and processing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Watching this thread with great interest.
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Did the film come complete with backing paper? Seems like a silly question, but I'm wondering about the markings...I'm just curious about the operation, seems more than a chap in the shed with some scissors. Very cool.
    Keep us posted, I'm looking to get a few rolls too. For anyone else wondering what this is about, check http://www.tarquinius.de/.
    The Analogue Laboratory, or 'so you built a darkroom in an old factory in the industrial zone'.
    Blog thing!.

Worry less. Photograph more.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Getting an aerial roll slit is one thing. Getting it converted into type 120 something else. Especially the backing paper seems to be the bottleneck concerning quality issues in such cases.
    David Romero used for his HIE-conversion backing paper which had been used before. From one point of view that could be a good idea as it had shown its qualities.

Anyway, EIR would be stored under best conditions (frozen), which would slow down any paper/film interaction anyway.

Shooter
    35mm
    Also order a few roll last week, I just opened the package, the roll are in 120 canisters rapped and taped up in a silver film, the backing paper looks professionally cut and printed with the film type, unlike some 127 I have seen

Order a Bay 2 to 52mm adapter and a #12 filter today, hope to shot the film over the Labor Day weekend at the end of the month

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Any updates on this? I really am quite curious...
    The Analogue Laboratory, or 'so you built a darkroom in an old factory in the industrial zone'.
    Blog thing!.

Worry less. Photograph more.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    i've ordered a few rolls and after shooting, ordered several more. the film is a tiny bit skinny, but it still fits my patterson tank reels fine. there are no markings on the film itself, but the paper is attached nicely. he has put a sticker on the backing which states infrared film, etc.

as mentioned above, it comes in a lead lined plastic canister and wrapped in mylar. overall top quality. i highly recommend it. i'm sure i'll be ordering more rolls soon.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin