Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,000   Posts: 1,524,347   Online: 780

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    mts
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I scratch-mix my C-41 chemistry using PhotoFlo-200 + formalin for stabilizer, with distilled water for mixing. I use 1-2 min. in the stabilizer and I too usually find drying marks. I have long run the sponges along the wet film before drying and this eliminates any of the remaining drying marks. I wet the sponge in wash water or stabilizer and squeeze them out thoroughly before wiping. The result is always clean film after drying. The only effect to which I can attribute drying marks is low humidity that is the norm in New Mexico. Wet film dries very quickly here usually in about 15 minutes.

Shooter
    35mm
    I use Ilford wetting agent in filtered water after the stabilizer for both my C41 and bw films and I don't have drying mark problems. I've never wiped my film down with anything for fear of scratching.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasir View Post
    I use Ilford wetting agent in filtered water after the stabilizer for both my C41 .
    It's your choice of course including accepting whatever consequences this will bring but I'd have a good look at PE's reasons for not doing this.

I suspect that a long career with Kodak in the C41 area means that he really does know what he is talking about.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks, pentaxuser. I will heed PE's advice :-)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin