Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,491   Posts: 1,542,949   Online: 861

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Need to ship a buck of neg film

Hey guys and gals,

I need to have a fair amount of expired film shipped to my place near DC from upstate NY and was wondering if anyone has any inside skinny on who X rays and who doesn't. I was in a similar thread and someone suggested starting a new thread so here it is.

It is a significant amount so I would hate to subject it to any degrading conditions of any kind. Film is mostly ISO 160 neg film.

If anyone knows anything for sure and can suggest the best carrier to use in this situation It would be much appreciated.

If not I will need to get on the phone early monday but being the weekend I though I'd give this a shot.

Thanks.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    For your purposes, I'd go with FedEx, if only because their working hours and tracking capabilities are the most generous and most precise of the major carriers. Domestically, I don't think FedEx or UPS subject packages to irradiation of any kind. I've mail-ordered fresh film from New York, Chicago, and California numerous times over the past ten years, and had it shipped via all three carriers, and not once have I had a problem with the film.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I currently get all my fresh film from New Jersey and the vendor ships UPS. But I have not had (in 30 years) any issues with vendors that used USPS, fedEx or UPS. My main film vendor (Unique Photo) has used various shippers over the years, whoever gives them the best deal. I think they even used DHL for a short period of time.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin