Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,829   Posts: 1,582,170   Online: 994

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    Shooter
    35mm
    The F6?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    yeah! The f6 standard is actually smaller than a f100, although not as lite.
    Cheers
    Noons (Nuno Souto)
    Gallery here

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Off topic but my Nikon F5 with the MF28 back will do leader imprinting too, IIRC. Not that I'm sending much of anything out for processing these days, but if I did I'd have to figure this one out. What the MF-28 back also does relatively inexpensively and well (and the F6 body does stock, w/o the back but rather spendily) is it can imprint your (c) first and last name in the margin between frames. Yet another reason to sleeve slides rather than have them mounted. To potential thieves, that's pretty fair notice that you take your work seriously (perhaps enough that you'll actively pursue copyright violations). Also, with this imprinting you stood a better chance of getting your originals returned to you from the wet-mount drumscan color separator guy after they were razored out out of the paper mounts, some weeks after the issue of the magazine was pasted up. (say what-what?)

Back on the original topic, Kodachrome in one of my camera bodies never scratched whereas E6 often did, something to do with the automated film transport gate. I finally figured out it was due to the Kodachrome RemJet backing being thick and sacrificial, it adds bulk to the film base but gets mechanically scrubbed off in processing. Another little factoid, did you also know that the reason PKR was more robust about holding it's color and grain structure than other color films in desert heat, is that the it's essentially B&W film until dyes are introduced during the processing stage?

If the processing weren't so hit or miss, I might still be shooting it... Also, for me, Kodachrome is dead. Long live Kodachrome!
    Last edited by Pupfish; 09-17-2008 at 12:19 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: clarity

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    All Kodachrome films are B&W films until dyes are added during processing!

This is not related to keeping stability before processing, but does aid in post process dye stability to an extent.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

sorry for the O/T, just to clarify my earlier statement

Yup, just confirmed: it's possible to setup a f100 to download shooting data to an mv-1's flash card. This can then be loaded to a pc to be used with exifs after scanning.
    Data back is not needed: it works off the camera's memory.

Handy little feature, it's gonna save me a lot of pain. Who knows, I might even learn to love the f100!...
    Cheers
    Noons (Nuno Souto)
    Gallery here

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin