Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,668   Posts: 1,481,742   Online: 849

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I get my Kodachrome from B&H for around $8.40 I think. Sending it through Wal-Mart for processing for $4.88, it brings the total to a little over $13.00 plus tax, so probably $14.00. If sent to Dwayne's directly it would be $9.00 for processing (plus shipping both ways). The UK deal doesn't sound so bad.
    Kodachrome
    They give us those nice bright colors
    They give us the greens of summers
    Makes you think all the world's a sunny day, oh yeah.
    -Paul Simon

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    K64 Its about £0.20 cheaper than buying pre-paid Superia 100, and about £1 cheaper than Provia400X and sending it to peak for processing.

Provia 400X is a brilliant film, but doesnt look like k64

Shooter
    35mm RF
    The main difference (aside from colour pallet) between K64 and its E-6 competition to my eye is the accutance. I think it's probably possible to record finer detail with a good E-6 film like provia 100, but it just doesn't have the edge enhancements that Kodachrome seems to have. YMMV

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Processing from here in Canada (Toronto, at least) -- at Shoppers, then sent to Dwayne's -- has cost me $13 per roll ($12.99, not including running through the Noritsu at the lab for another $3 for a CD). The film, which I last bought recently expired (and it worked out splendidly), was about $4.50 a roll from that Honest Auction Place on teh internets. But to buy fresh locally, it's about $12. So in all, to buy new and process here, is about $25 plus GST/PST per roll. Not inexpensive.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin