Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,911   Posts: 1,584,683   Online: 769

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Adorama ships color chemicals without raping you, as does Calumet.

Shooter
    35mm
    A couple more suggestions for where to get it:

• Check eBay. A search on "bleach" in "cameras & photo" turns up several hits, although some of these aren't what you want. FWIW, I've dealt with Photo Systems Inc Store before with success. I'm currently using Silver Pixel bleach/replenisher I bought from them to replenish my C-41 bleach. (I dump ~70ml after each roll and add ~70ml of the replenisher solution. Since bleach is the most expensive part of the C-41 process, and since it lasts a long time, replenishing it is a good way to keep costs down.)
    • Freestyle sells Silver Pixel brand C-41 chemicals, although only in large quantities.
    • You could get friendly with a local minilab operator or two. I've heard of people getting them to add photochemicals to their next orders for hobbyists. I've never done this myself, but it might be worth a try.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Kino View Post
    Eeeek! Bleach III part A $179 and part B $85 - wow...no wonder they didn't give me the bleach with the rest of the C41 chems....

How can Calumet ship the bleach...but B & H says it's restricted?

hmmm

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, that is a kit to make 12.5 gallons of Bleach III. However, my Bleach III came in a 1 gallon bottle for about $15.00 to use as-is. It did not come in two parts either.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Its confusing, but you have to shop around...

Shooter
    35mm
    Concerning shipping, B&H is notoriously conservative in their interpretation of shipping regulations. The story I've heard is that they refuse to ship anything, by any means, that's restricted for any type of shipping. So for instance, if an item is prohibited from air shipment, B&H won't ship it, even by ground. Another dealer, such as Adorama, Calumet, or Freestyle, might ship the exact same thing by ground but refuse to ship it by air. If you peruse their respective Web sites, you'll see that Freestyle is up-front about items they won't ship by air, and by and large, they're the same items that B&H won't ship at all.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin