Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,745   Posts: 1,515,660   Online: 738

Shooter
    4x5 Format

pro labs for color development in Asia

Hi all,

Over the course of the next year I will be traveling through Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam, China, Nepal and India. I plan to shoot 4x5 and 120 color transparency and negative. I am looking for recommendations of pro labs in these countries that can develop E-6 and C-41 120 roll and 4x5 sheet. Capability for proof quality digital scans would be a plus.

Thanks, Jason

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Good luck in Vietnam - I was in Hanoi for 2 weeks in July & had a few conversations with a lady who runs a camera shop there. From what she told me there are no pro labs in Hanoi.

I did see a few listed in Bangkok but I wasn't there long enough to check them out. I picked up the monthly listing of what was on at the various art galleries in Bangkok & the pro labs were included. It was the one company with 3 locations. I think I've since thrown that out, otherwise I'd give you the details.

The other thing I'd recommend is to take all the film you think you'll need with you, don't count on being able to buy anything there particularly in 4x5 & 120.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Goldie,

Thanks for the info. Looks like it will be Bangkok and probably Bejing. Perhaps Mumbai will have a pro-lab as well.

I thought I might have to have 4x5 shipped to me (we have friends with a permanent residence in Bejing), but I am quite disappointed to hear that 120 is hard to find. Alas, I suppose I will have to find a bit more room in my backpack for film.

Again,thanks.

Anyone else??

Shooter
    35mm
    You might want to check out IQ Labs in Bangkok.

http://www.iqlab.co.th/index.php?lay...rticle&Ntype=8

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    IQ Lab was the one I saw advertised when I was in Bangkok, but I never went to any of their locations. Might be worth contacting them & asking what films they stock.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin