Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,872   Posts: 1,520,113   Online: 867

Shooter
    Medium Format

E-6 Kodak Single-Use Chemestry

I've been researching these chems a bit.

According to the documentation I've found on kodak's website it needs 2750ml/m2 of the first and color developer, and 1650 ml/m2.

So, the question is; how large is a single roll of 120 film? Anyone know exactly of hand?

My guess is about 0.04 m2 (10 * 0.07 * 0.06).

That means that you can get away with about 125ml of first and color developer per roll, which gives you 8 rolls per liter and 40 rolls from a 5l kit.

Can someone confirm these numbers?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There are two considerations, since the 5L kit is chemistry designed for single use without replenishment. One is depending on the specific tank/reels you are using, you need to insure that enough chemistry is present to adequately cover your film for the intended process. Second, the developers have the lowest capacity of all the chemistry so that is the controlling factor. If you want to get into stretching the other chemicals you will need to get into buying individual chemicals and it becomes a bit more complex. I always considered a 120 roll to be approx equal to one 8 x 10 sheet and calculate accordingly. That makes the developer cap approx 1 roll to 140 ml. In my Jobo tanks, I use 200 ml per roll and have no issues. Perhaps I could get away with less, but I don't process enough E-6 anymore for that to be an issue - the chemistry would get too old anyway.

Bob
    Last edited by Lopaka; 09-10-2008 at 08:45 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: early morning fumblefingers
    "I always take a camera, That way I never have to say 'Gee, look at that - I wish I had a camera'" -Joe Clark, H.B.S.S.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'm using a Jobo ATL-1500 system.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A roll of 120 is roughly equivalent to a roll of 135-36, or an 8x10 sheet of film (though a bit shorter, I think around 64 - 65 square inches). In the instructions that come with the kit, Kodak recommends 250ml per square ft, which they translate to 260 ml for two 135-36 rolls. So your calculations are in the right area.

As Lopaka says, the minimum volume you can get away with depends upon the required minimum volume of the processing tank you are using.

Quote Originally Posted by jrydberg View Post
    I'm using a Jobo ATL-1500 system.
    The 1520 tanks require a minimum volume of 240ml. So it would be most economical to use 250ml of solutions, and process two 120 rollas at a time.
    Last edited by snallan; 09-10-2008 at 09:16 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Additional info from OP
    Steve

"You don't need eyes to see, you need vision" - Maxi Jazz

Website

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'll try two rolls with 250ml of solution. Thanks for your time.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin