Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,593   Posts: 1,546,101   Online: 868

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

How to keep instant prints from sticking together?

I've been shooting lots of fuji fp-100c in both medium and 4x5 sizes. I like to shoot and move on but i have to wait for the print to dry. This can take a long time and if it's humid, they'll stick to anything resulting in a damaged finish. Anyone have a solution for this? Is there a folder with envelopes made for this?
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Shooter
    Large Format
    I cut a stapled together a few sheets of wax paper which I keep as a little booklet under the spring of the front cover of my Polaroid 360 camera.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    When i used to work in a studio, we would steel a hair dryer from the stylist and lightly dry them.
    It took a minute or so on the light setting. I still have many of the polaroid from years ago with no visible deterioration.
    -ian mazursky nyc
    www.prepressexpress.com PrePress for photographers.
    www.ianmazursky.com Travel, Landscape, Portraits and my 12x20 diary

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks folks. I've made a wax paper folder and I'll try it out next time i shoot.
    I like the hair dryer idea but I don't have enough extension cords to reach from my place to most of the landscapes i shoot.

vinny
    www.vinnywalsh.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    If you are within walking distance of your vehicle, just put them in the back seat, and they will dry fairly fast, while you go about shooting another shot.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Wax paper is a good idea.

Also, one of those accordion coupon holders would be a good idea as well.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use a Moleskin.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, i tried the wax paper thing and it appeared to work fine. The prints sat out a while before I added them to the wax paper booklet. I got home and removed the prints to find it dulls the finish in patches. I'll try something else.
    www.vinnywalsh.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin