Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,922   Posts: 1,556,605   Online: 1263

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Ilfochrome chemistry capacity help please

Hi folks,
    I am about to try some ilfochrome and am trying to figure out how many 11x14's I can get out of the P3 2 liter kits. I can't find the info from Ilford's website and was hoping someone here using the kit would know.
    Thanks a bunch!
    erik

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi,
    The technical publications are located here: http://www.ilford.com/en/products/ilfochrome/cps1k.asp . The PDF does not give a specific volume for processing the size paper you indicate but then again you do not specify how you intend to process it. The volume used depends in part on the means used to process the paper (e.g., a Jobo 2840 and 2850 both process one sheet at 11x14, but have different volumes) and the needs of the image. If you are processing in a tube 10 sheets per kit (i.e, 200 ml / run, single use) is probably a good starting point. If you are using an RT processor you will need to know the tank volume and you can guess at utilization from the replenishment rates in the PDF.
    Celac

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Thanks Celac, I'll be using a 2840 tanks on a Jobo CPE2+. The tank minimum capacity says 120ml's. I guess it will be a costly learning curve
    thanks again,
    Erik

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The capacity of the chemistry without replenishment works out to about 13 8x10's per liter. This has worked fine for me.

Bob
    Last edited by Lopaka; 09-18-2008 at 07:34 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: typo
    "I always take a camera, That way I never have to say 'Gee, look at that - I wish I had a camera'" -Joe Clark, H.B.S.S.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Thanks Bob,
    Do you know if it is possible or smart to reuse some or all of the chemistry in the 2 liter kit or is it strictly one shot?
    Erik

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik L View Post
    Thanks Celac, I'll be using a 2840 tanks on a Jobo CPE2+. The tank minimum capacity says 120ml's. I guess it will be a costly learning curve
    thanks again,
    Erik
    Hi,
    That is the minimum volume for the tank - you probably would be safer with at least 150ml. Ilfochrome is certainly not cheap. However, well made Ilfochrome prints are very beautiful. The only thing nicer is, IMO, DT.
    Celac

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik L View Post
    Thanks Bob,
    Do you know if it is possible or smart to reuse some or all of the chemistry in the 2 liter kit or is it strictly one shot?
    Erik
    I have replenished at 50% with no apparent loss of quality:
    After first run, dump 50% and add 50% fresh - for 5 or 6 iterations.
    Seems to work ok for stretching the chemistry.

Bob
    "I always take a camera, That way I never have to say 'Gee, look at that - I wish I had a camera'" -Joe Clark, H.B.S.S.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Thanks folks, time to get the kit and dive in
    Erik

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin