Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,763   Posts: 1,516,181   Online: 995

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Bleach III canned?

I ordered some new C41 chemistry sept 1st from adorama, it was half backordered. Got the RA4 stuff, but the C41 was on backorder. I just got an email saying that Bleach III one gallon size has been discontinued. Is this correct? It's still in stock at B&H but they can't ship it.

Should I buy the 12.5 gallon minilab size? I didn't think bleach expired, does it? It might take years to go through that. I've also been told that no bleach needs a starter. Adorama says it does but they don't know anything. Does this one?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bleach III will not go bad under normal keeping for at least 1 - 2 years or more.

I'm surprised at this. WOW.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Per discussions in a recent thread, the one gallon Bleach III has been discontinued. A few dealers may still have some inventory. The suggested replacement is Flexicolor SM tank bleach cat #8624690. Comes in a box with 2 bottles ready to use totaling 5.4 liters. According to Adorama, this item has also been discontinued, although it is still referenced on Kodak's site, while the 1 gallon is not. Perhaps it is just no longer being shipped separately and only available as part of the SM kit (F2, containing bleach and fix).

As for the 12.5 gallon - requires part A, part B and starter to make a tank solution. Total cost approx $210 plus shipping. In a recent conversation with Adorama, I pointed out that they didn't list the Part B, the rep replied that he wasn't familiar with the technical specifications of the product.

It is indeed getting more and more difficult.

Bob
    "I always take a camera, That way I never have to say 'Gee, look at that - I wish I had a camera'" -Joe Clark, H.B.S.S.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yeah, I commented on this earlier.

Bleach III originally came in one bottle and now 2.

In addition, my research on it last week showed that the 1 gallon kit was still available. How quick. How odd.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    interesting, I just ordered (and received) 4 gallons of bleach III from a distributor my local minilab uses, at about 1/2 the price adorama charges. I guess I'll be buying the 12.5 gallon when I run low (though with aerations and regeneration, should be a while)

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Lopaka View Post
    The suggested replacement is Flexicolor SM tank bleach cat #8624690. Comes in a box with 2 bottles ready to use totaling 5.4 liters.
    Where might I order this? Does Kodak ship chemistry directly? Can I use a different dilution of the RA4 stuff I already have?

I might try to make my own. Does anyone have a rehalogenating bleach formula?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Here: http://www.kodak.com/global/en/profe....18.14.5&lc=en

Kodak still indicates that C41 chemistry is available in 1 gallon kit size. The page is slightly different than I saw a week or so ago when looking up the bleach III, but it is still available according to EK. I also checked last weekend with a local dealer, and they told me that the 1 gallon kits were still available and that they had ordered some just recently for a local school.

Kodak will not ship directly. You can special order at their employee store, but IDK if anyone can do that. The prices are not better than other places either and you have to wait just as long for a special order.

Use Ammonium Bromide to rehal the bleach and bubble air through it to oxidize it. The real problem is that the chelating agent is used up as is the sulfite so you really have to make 4 changes along with pH adjustments.

PE

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    PE,

What do you mean by "4 changes"?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    1. Halide adjust
    2. Oxidation
    3. Chelating agent adjust
    4. Sulfite level adjust

Final pH adjust to compensate for all of the above.

So, technically it is 5, but the last is the result of the first 4 and may not be needed.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by tiberiustibz View Post
    Where might I order this?
    This is the only place I have found so far that will ship it:

http://www.pakor.com/products/KODAK_...TOKEN=64627647
    "I always take a camera, That way I never have to say 'Gee, look at that - I wish I had a camera'" -Joe Clark, H.B.S.S.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin