Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,698   Posts: 1,549,101   Online: 1122

Thread: Minit Mask

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Minit Mask

I just received a used Minit Mask (A/N glass, raised center for 35mm). It doesn't seem to form any contrast mask image or exhibit any density change, even after clearing it numerous times with a heat gun and popping it with multiple flash bursts.

Anyone have any tricks for reactivating these, or do they just go kaput after so many years? Thanks in advance...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Is anyone familliar with this? I just came across mention of it on Bob Pace's "Keeping Pace" newsletter archive over at David Doubley's website. Here -> http://www.daviddoubley.com/Document...outMasking.pdf

To me it sounds like a piece of photochromic glass (think transition lenses). Anybody know a bit more? Who sold it, etc?

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Photochromic materials are typically changed by exposure to UV and will stabilize over time, meaning they will stop changing. The more often you use them, the faster they stabilize.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Did millions of people suddenly disappear? This may have an answer.

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Chris - you keep surprising me, with your research, Bob Pace was a great master of photo comp, not the best but good, I can see now where you are going with your questions on masking on the other site.

Are you going to end up at Ryerson next year?, I did not see you this fall, where are you taking all this info gathering?
    You cannot be doing this all at work , are you planning to make some prints? If you go to Ryerson, I can give you some access to my darkroom for practical testing, I am not sure the school has the equipment that you will need to work with from all the info cramming you are doing in your head.

Bob
    Quote Originally Posted by holmburgers View Post
    Is anyone familliar with this? I just came across mention of it on Bob Pace's "Keeping Pace" newsletter archive over at David Doubley's website. Here -> http://www.daviddoubley.com/Document...outMasking.pdf

To me it sounds like a piece of photochromic glass (think transition lenses). Anybody know a bit more? Who sold it, etc?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hey Bob,

That's exceptionally generous of you. Yeah, sorry I didn't make it out to you and your offer of darkroom space is actually an amazing boon. If I do go there, I will definitely take you up on that. I'm still figuring all that out... some big decisions.

The internet allows research at lightning fast speeds, and immediate posting of queries, questions, etc. You might be surprised how little time it takes me. I just keeping following the rabbit hole...

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin